Sunday, May 19, 2013

My Life By: Mylinh Nguyen


My Life
Mylinh Nguyen

My life is reckless
                I feel like every day
                is a new adventure.
                Pushing your body to the limit
                to see how much it can handle.
Each stunt a perform
                The adrenaline rushes through my skin,
                leaving me wanting more.
                The scares on my back,
broken bones,
bloody noses and cuts.
Don’t know how to stop,
                I push the body
                where it’s never gone before.


______________________________________________________________________


Poem of the Day: I Dreamed That I Was Old

BY STANLEY KUNITZ
I dreamed that I was old: in stale declension   
Fallen from my prime, when company
Was mine, cat-nimbleness, and green invention,   
Before time took my leafy hours away.

My wisdom, ripe with body’s ruin, found   
Itself tart recompense for what was lost
In false exchange: since wisdom in the ground   
Has no apocalypse or pentecost.

I wept for my youth, sweet passionate young thought,
And cozy women dead that by my side   
Once lay: I wept with bitter longing, not   
Remembering how in my youth I cried.




No comments:

Post a Comment