Thursday, May 9, 2013

In Just a Glance From Your Eyes by Alyssa Abell

I am dead and reborn,
all breath taken from my form
then comes rushing in, like blood to my cheeks.
How can you do this to me, are you a God?
Angel or devil, good, bad, whatever,
the power you possess is startling.
Are you the huntress owl to my meek mousy prey,
or a merciful God to whom I pray?
You make my stomach lurch and my heart beat
in rapid, panicked, rock n roll rhythm.
There is no aspect of your being that
I don't find wholly captivating me.
Eyes like green twisted forest paths, deep,
surrounded by thick jungles of dark lash.
Skin smooth, the color of warm beach-y sands.
Sweet raspberry lips and freckle dusted
 cheekbones , I want to trace them with my kiss.
Your voice finds me, I can't find mine,
your voice has broken hearts with a single word.
Your smell of summer ripe fruits and showered skin,
my poison, intoxicating, I breathe.
I want to stay watching you sparkling
 under this springtime sun, laying in our bed.
 watching you smiling,
young, carefree perfection.
In just a glance from your eyes I'm falling
again, everyday you make me crash land.
You restart my heart when you look into me.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Poem of the Day: (“With a glance of your eyes...”)

BY RABINDRANATH TAGORE
XII

With a glance of your eyes you could plunder all the wealth of songs struck from poets’ harps, fair woman!
But for their praises you have no ear; therefore do I come to praise you.
You could humble at your feet the proudest heads of all the world;
But it is your loved ones, unknown to fame, whom you choose to worship; therefore I worship you.
Your perfect arms would add glory to kingly splendor with their touch;
But you use them to sweep away the dust, and to make clean your humble home; therefore I am filled with awe.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment