Friday, May 3, 2013

Dreamscape- by Heidi Curtis

Dreamscape

Oh no! There's a monster in my bathtub!
Snakes are slither out the shower spout!
I sing the Barney song to defeat him!

Trees are running around playing football
they see me and start to attack me
I escape in a small white Toyota.

It's my wedding day and my Grandma's there
If I marry she'll have a heart attack
so my groom and I run off and elope.

A man is caressing my upper thigh
He lightly kisses the back of my neck
I let go, and give into temptation.

I'm driving in a brand new blue corvette
It's a sunny day and the top is down
the road is endless: this is true freedom

I try to be quiet in the forest
but the Velociraptor still finds me
I end as a dinosaur's mid day snack.

I am a beautiful black stallion
with strong legs I rear up and whinny
I lead our heard off into the sunset.

I am riding a big carousel
It turns into a space ship and we fly
But the ocean is where the sky should be

I'm dressed in all black at a funeral
A mime is  giving the closing remarks
when I look in the casket I see me.

These are all stories that I have lived through
while visiting another dimension
of dark night and make-believe in my dreams.

__________________________________________________

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/features/audioitem/3672
The Bridge by Lisa Jarnot

No comments:

Post a Comment