Sunday, May 19, 2013

With a glance of your eyes by Amber Rose

With a glance of your eyes I am hypnotized
The roaring fire mirrors off the ocean
Your face glowing in the moonlight
The world disappears around us
Right here in this moment it's just me and you
The wet sand sticks to our feet as the waves chase after us
Our laughs laughing back at us echoing across the crisp air
Your warm hand cuddles mine
My heart fluttering frantically
I close my eyes remembering to breath
The smell of your cologne blinds my mind
No longer able to think clearly
We dance as the rain begins to fall
Not caring who sees
Harmonizing together with no music
Just the sound of our breaths deepening
As the sun begins to set we lay together
I can see the fire flickering in your eyes
As your lips touch mine
Time stops in this moment
Here and now just you and me










-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poem of the Day: (“With a glance of your eyes...”)

BY RABINDRANATH TAGORE
XII

With a glance of your eyes you could plunder all the wealth of songs struck from poets’ harps, fair woman!
But for their praises you have no ear; therefore do I come to praise you.
You could humble at your feet the proudest heads of all the world;
But it is your loved ones, unknown to fame, whom you choose to worship; therefore I worship you.
Your perfect arms would add glory to kingly splendor with their touch;
But you use them to sweep away the dust, and to make clean your humble home; therefore I am filled with awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment