Tuesday, May 14, 2013

When I Am Asked by: Nicole Busch


When I Am Asked
By: Nicole Busch

How I got my first horse,
I talk about the compassion felt by her horse’s nature.
It was soon after sixth grade,
A dazzling June day,
All the flowers blossoming to full bloom,
And it fit.

I walked into the dust filled barn,
Already full of built up sneezes,
But I didn’t mind for I was happy.
Nothing was sparkling, nothing new
For everything was covered in a dust storm of use,
And it fit.

I walked into the dust filled stall,
Hay mischievously thrown all over the floor,
Chey glanced up at me with her big brown eyes,
So innocent and pure, unable to hurt a fly.
She nickered and slowly walked over to me,
With a special sparkle in her eye unseen before,
And it fit.

When I am asked how I got my first horse,
I look at them and say,
It just fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment