Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Reason by Amber Rose


Life is beautifulEach day is a new adventure
Like an empty page of a book waiting for it's text
Opportunities swimming all around us
Obstacles look us in the eye wanting a fight
Challenges we overcome make us stronger, wiser

The Earth provides us with such a beautiful home
Mountains, deserts, oceans, valleys all around us
Birds chirping as they fly from blossoming tree to tree
Flowers bright in color perfume the fresh breezes
The sun never fails to greets us every morning 
And the moon never forgets to tuck us in each night

But why do we take it all for granted?
How can we forget how beautiful life is when the stars in the sky sparkle
When we wake up Christmas morning to a blanket of snow
When the clouds turn grey and lightening stretches across the heavens
When we fall asleep to the whispers of a river
When he warmth of the sun dances across our skin

It is truly the simple things that make this life so beautiful

----------------------------------------------------

Poem of the Day: The Reason

BY STEVIE SMITH
My life is vile
         I hate it so
         I’ll wait awhile   
         And then I’ll go.

         Why wait at all?
         Hope springs alive,
         Good may befall   
         I yet may thrive.

It is because I can’t make up my mind   
If God is good, impotent or unkind.

No comments:

Post a Comment