Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring By Natalie Frenette


Late Spring - W.S. Merwin

Coming into the high room again after years
after oceans and shadows of hills and the sounds of lies
after losses and feet on stairs

after looking and mistakes and forgetting
turning there thinking to find
no one except those I knew
finally I saw you
sitting in white
already waiting

you of whom I had heard
with my own ears since the beginning
for whom more than once
I had opened the door
believing you were not far

__________________________________________________________________________
Imitation Week 1 #2
Spring
By Natalie Frenette

Spring is a time of love and joyfulness
Flowers blooming and trees sprouting new buds
Soon here was longer nights and shorter days
Romantic sunsets in the evening 

I felt as though I was missing something
Everyone was in love except for me
I could only imagine what it was
What you looked like and who you were to me
Then suddenly it just clicked, I knew you
I knew who you were, not just in my dreams
I had seen you before and heard of you

For once it was my turn to feel this love
Spring time fever just like everyone else
Forgetting the mistakes and lies and hurt
A time for a new beginning and start
It had to be you it was all along
Finally I saw you sitting in white
It was bold against all the spring colors
You were already waiting for me there
It was as if you knew as well as me
Believing you had never been that far
Coming into the room again after

It was you all along, I hadn’t seen
Before now was just wasted time away
But we couldn’t think about that any
Here and now is what was most important
I’m so glad you waited all this long time
Destined to be together you and I
It had to be you it was all along
Believing you had never been that far

No comments:

Post a Comment