Sunday, May 12, 2013

Money can't buy everything- by Heidi Curtis

Money can't buy everything

What can you give to one who has everything?
what could they want
what could you bring?

Yet with all the things they need at their feet
They still yearn for more
a hunger to conquer and defeat

I'd bring them a child
so helpless and scared
to make them serve another and smile

even when one let's out a content sigh
a part of them still yearns
for some things money can't buy

________________________________________________________________________

Poem of the Day: [I asked myself / What, Sappho, can...]
Posted: Thu, 02 May 2013 00:00:00 -0600
I asked myself
 
What, Sappho, can
you give one who
has everything,
like Aphrodite?

Sappho, "[I askeed myself / What, Sappho, can...]" from Sappho, translated by Mary Barnard, published by the University of California Press. Copyright © 2012 by The Estate of Mary Barnard.  Reprinted by permission of Estate of Mary Barnard.

Source: Sappho, Translated by Mary Barnard (University of California Press, 2012)

Sappho

No comments:

Post a Comment