Monday, May 6, 2013

Forbidden Love by Kimberly Coverly

Forbidden Love by Kimberly Coverly

Sparkles illuminate
The velvet night sky,
Shivers, running to tips
Of my fingers,
From the icy metal
Pressed into my back,
And his hands,
Were the only warmth,
Besides my legwarmers
Knitted by the skill
Contained in mother,
While father watched
His footsteps falling
In an increasing
Audible pattern,
That makes fear arrive,
In Scott’s heart,
As I press forefinger,
To pursed lips,
Signaling quiet pursuit
Of father finding
His princess with a thief,
In this bed,
Of an ’82 chevy,
Plastered with stickers,
And dusty cushions,
His footfall nearer,
Forbidden rendezvous
Out in this forest,
Lust and heartbeats
Thump in our chests,
Trying to take flight,
Flee the scene,
Of this royal crime,
Worry in his voice,
Father calls my name,
Shaking syllables fall,
Silent, like the shooting
Sparkles above me.
We are safe.

1 comment:

  1. "The velvet night sky"
    This line was very striking to me. It's so easy to picture a sky that looks like velvet. It almost makes you think you could touch it and feel how soft it is just like it looks. Great job!
    Natalie Frenette

    ReplyDelete