Monday, May 20, 2013

Character Poem By Whitney Osburn

Francis is a widow, who came to the states from France. She is 63 years old and lost her husband young. She has no children, and came here in hopes of trying to find work and money here in the states. She works as maid for Ms. Bianca who is a widow that has four children and a house big enough to house a community. Francis doesn’t have any off days and works around the clock serving Ms. Bianca and her four children.

 I try so hard not to look
A love I have been longing for
So much that it almost hurts
Through the love birds I glance
Over to the tall slim man standing
Holding and umbrella over the two.
 
I thought he was handsome,
But that was not what I needed,
The sound of the ocean distracted me.

The winds felt as if they would blow us over
Holding this umbrella had been near impossible.
I tried to get Ms. Bianca to leave,
But she was caught up in young love.

But nothing can stop her from,
Being completely swept off her feet.
I could see the connection she
Had with this young man.
In such a short time they had grown together.
Every time she saw him her face lite up.

Something she had been missing
Since the time she had lost Edward.
They danced around through puddles,
Her world turned upside down.

I couldn’t help but think of my late husband,
And the many wonderful dances we had shared,
That summer we had fell in love.

The children must be wondering,
What we were doing out so long.
Young love had taken over.

No comments:

Post a Comment