Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Split Poem by: Nicole Busch and Rachael Jones


A Split Poem
By: Nicole Busch and Rachael Jones

All the new thinking is about loss
Attempting to rediscover to find something
An item misplaced or forgotten.

My heart, being misplaced, mistaken, misunderstood
For all the wrong reasons
When will the right time be, to find what is rightfully mine?
The voice saying, “leave,” so strong and powerful in my head.
The loss, the heartache, is like too much sugar in your sweet tea.

But sweet is different for both you and I
The grass not always greener on the other side,
You must go and I have to stay behind.

Intertwining two ideas, making them blend into one was always
Your struggle
You could no more express your ideas and opinions if they
Were laid out in a place setting,
With your sweet tea on the side.

Angry, not at you, but at me for letting you.
Letting you go from our secret place
Your mind unable to think, body unable to function
My tea was sweet and yours was spiked.

Spiked with the built up anger, emotion and love I had given you.
This is what you get in return, death.

No comments:

Post a Comment