Sunday, May 5, 2013

Return Again by Dan-Vy Nguyen


Return Again by Dan-Vy Nguyen

How words would flow out of my head,
Where writing didn’t take twice as long,
Where I didn’t hesitate and question my writing,
Return and return again.

How sleep started at ten and ended at six,
Where I wasn’t falling asleep during the day,
Where I could sleep whenever, wherever,
Return and return again.

How getting out of bed was easy to do,
Where I wasn’t constantly battling with the alarm,
Where I hear the alarm, every single time,
Return and return again.

How school was always first,
Where assignments would always get done,
And As were the only option,
Return and return again.

How I did everything I was supposed to,
Where I didn’t give in to my desires,
Where I put others first,
Return and return again.

How I feared my parents,
Where I did everything not to disappoint them,
Where they kept me on track by being there,
Return and return again.

O motivation,
Return and return again.
_______________________________________________________________________

O Best of All Nights, Return and Return Again by James Laughlin

How she let her long hair down over her shoulders, making a love cave around her face. Return and return again.
How when the lamplight was lowered she pressed against him, twining her fingers in his. Return and return again.
How their legs swam together like dolphins and their toes played like little tunnies. Return and return again.
How she sat beside him cross-legged, telling him stories of her childhood. Return and return again.
How she closed her eyes when his were open, how they breathed together, breathing each other. Return and return again.
How they fell into slumber, their bodies curled together like two spoons. Return and return again.
How they went together to Otherwhere, the fairest land they had ever seen. Return and return again.
O best of all nights, return and return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment