Thursday, May 2, 2013

I asked myself (Imitation #4) by Peter Gidlund

I asked myself

What, Peter, does

a lie mean, for one who can't believe in truth?

What is strategy for those without games?

Who, Peter, is

the rightgeous and who is the criminal,

for someone who can't believe in right or wrong?

What is a store for one who doesn't own?

What, Peter, is war,

for someone who doesn't believe in anger?

What is mayhem for those without order?

What is mayhem, for one with no car insurance?

What, Peter, is sex,

for one who hasn't seen the face of love?

What is education, for someone who 

can't and also won't comprehend conciousness?

What is time for one who has no history?

What, Peter, could language be for one whohttp://oregonstate.edu/resnet/links.php

has never imagined another?

What, Peter, could language be for one who

has never imagined the seperate other?

 What is traffic, for one who has never

thought of car, or even a place to go?

What is speed for one who hasn't known time?

What is poem for one who has no rhyme?

Who, Peter, doesn't believe in belief?

For who doesn't believe in anything? 

animals.

 

[I asked myself / What, Sappho, can...]

By Sappho
Translated By Mary Barnard
 
I asked myself
 
What, Sappho, can
you give one who
has everything,
like Aphrodite?

No comments:

Post a Comment