Friday, May 3, 2013

God's Dogs- By Heidi Curtis

God's Dogs

Their days are numbered but they're perfection
They are the most flawless of God's designs

with an endless capacity for love
a desire and willingness to learn
and a fierce devotion to their family
that they would die to protect if need be

they can be any size small to big
their color can be really anything
some have short hair while others have ling hair
beady eyes or drooped, floppy ears or straight
no sane person could resist having one

Dogs, I think are God's very best creation
and there is a lot we can learn from them

when you see a loved one get excited

Play hard,when you're out of breath keep fetching

every once in a while treat yourself

there's no such thing as too much attention

Smells funny? Pee on it and walk away.

You feel grumpy? Bark less and wag more

Don't underestimate just being there

getting dirty is always a fun time

there's no time for grudges, choose happiness

be enthusiastic about your life

getting old sucks not matter who you are

there's no limit to the kisses you give

when you find a true friend don't let them go

these are lessons I learned from my own dog
I strive to be the girl he thinks I am.
his paw prints are on my heart forever.

I can feel God's love when I pet my dog

___________________________________________________________________

Imitation of Trees by Joyce Kilmer

Trees


By Joyce Kilmer 1886–1918 Joyce Kilmer
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment