Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Split Poem By Ellyssa Pearce and Corynn Bernhardt


A child asks what is grass?
I replied it’s the fuzz on a man’s face
Who sat in the daylight to long
And pondered on things that matter

It’s the way your mother’s hair moves
When she rides her horse down the trail
Spitting dust, leaving only the sound,
Hooves stomping on the daisy’s in their wake.

Take a journey to the hills
So you may see first hand
The ways the wind shuffles
How it moves earth’s fingers.

The condensation in the glass of iced tea
Inviting.
It doesn't know where it’s going
It drips,

And slips down to a pool
Of purple and blue only to be received
As the color green and yellow
By the optic part of the brain,

Scanning, perceiving
But we never feel like it’s doing its job.
I am done with this world
Someone else take my place,

But push on I must
And rip the blades away from birth
And let them flow out of my fingers
Into the questions a child asks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment