Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Three sizes too small By: Madelyn Miller



3 sizes too small:

My sister is about 3 sizes smaller than me.
In a chaotic morning, while running very late.
I did the unthinkable, I barrowed her underwear.
This was a day I would not soon forget.
I was busy with a full day of work. When I noticed a nagging itch of a tag.
They were so tight on my gelatinous hip that I couldn’t grasp the itchy flap of fabric.
I’m sure you could see the outline of bulging skin under my pants.
What the hell was I thinking?

By noon I was nursing welts from my lack of circulation just under my belly button.
I spent a few minutes deciding what their colors were.
Purple didn’t describe this color; it was more of a mottled mulberry.
That’s accurate, mulberry indents across the grooves of my hips.
Dear god I should have just gone without underwear. 

I’m a receptionist at a dental clinic. Sitting in a computer chair; for hours.
Literally the worst position I could be in with these things on.
I must have looked so weird to patients, while I used my lower back as my bottom.
If I sat at a degree the throbbing would continue. 

Dear god my sister must be more than 3 sizes smaller than me.
I am her baby sister, maybe she fibbed to keep me in the dark about my blubbery hips.
I mean let me put it this way;
I now know that my sister would need a belt to barrow my underwear.
A sturdy belt at that. 

By the time of my surrender I was standing in our staff bathroom.
The outcome of 6 hours in baby underwear was stunning.
I seriously could not get them off. They wouldn’t budge.
My inner thighs had formed a defense mechanism.
They were trying to strangle the underwear to death.
It’s not easy to forget the image of your body rejecting clothing.
Luckily I found a sturdy pair of scissors to free myself.

A staff bathroom is definitely the weirdest setting for a half-naked happy dance.
But trust me I wiggled around in a victorious fashion.
Never again have I under estimated the power of Micro-mini undies,
and their abilities to force rash decisions to escape them.

No comments:

Post a Comment