Sunday, June 2, 2013

Eyes As Clear by Megan Windom



Eyes As Clear by Megan Windom

With eyes as clear as a summer dawn
 You draw me in
To plunge myself with fervent hunger
Into the azure pools in which I drown
I wonder if they taste like ocean
With the sound of scuttling crabs
Hiding away from the seagulls
They draw circles in the sky
Long ovoid shapes that spiral up and down
You could trap them in your hands
And carry them on your broad shoulders
But instead you choose to carry my burden
So I chant your praise to silent ears
Filled with admiration


_________________________________________

(“With a glance of your eyes…”) by Rabindranath Tagore

XII

With a glance of your eyes you could plunder all the wealth of songs struck from poets’ harps, fair woman!
But for their praises you have no ear; therefore do I come to praise you.
You could humble at your feet the proudest heads of all the world;
But it is your loved ones, unknown to fame, whom you choose to worship; therefore I worship you.
Your perfect arms would add glory to kingly splendor with their touch;
But you use them to sweep away the dust, and to make clean your humble home; therefore I am filled with awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment