Monday, June 3, 2013

in class first line last line poem by liz snader

Thorns of Morning Dew by liz snader

“I don’t love you as if you were a rose of salt, topaz”

Partially painful, but beholding beauty within.

How could I love you as if
You were a bed of thorns, morning dew-
Ready to prick me, but calm and contemplative about it all.

The things of love can complement or
Contradict one another-though that is
A choice you have to make.

By pushing and pulling, our being
Is stretched to its maximum
Potential and can be pushed no farther-

However-if love has the pull
Of the moon-the rush of the
Ocean-the sweet smell
Of the rose-it can be tended
And mended and taken care of.

To love is to live is to be loved-
But-again-I tell myself
“I could never love you”
Because we are lost under and
In the universal sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment