Monday, June 3, 2013

Federal Regulations Prohibit Stowing any Items in this Area during Taxi, Takeoff, and Landing by Peter Gidlund

Federal Regulations Prohibit Stowing any Items in this Area during Taxi, Takeoff, and Landing by Peter Gidlund

She stole my heart.
I stood on the curb in the rain,
as her slime green Volkswagen Beetle scampered away.
I felt like a loaf of bread in Central Park,
torn to bits, by robotic pigeons.

I was waiting to die, but my cardiovascular
system never stopped.  Perhaps she stole
one of my lesser organs.  Perhaps she stole
my orangutang.  Who is you!  Staring threw:

Coke bottles in my zoo
Seven nine two, translucent fetuses
or are they foetuses?
What is the mind,

for those who don't mind?
Do Jews commonly celebrate Hanukkah,
and if so, do they still celebrate Chanukah?
The only bad joke is the one that is predicted correctly:

Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because of the discount on Winter Solstice

Life Vest under your Seat
Fasten Seatbelt when Seated

When you misspell a wurd
When you misspell a word

and erase the mark, where does that thought go?
Does it evaporate into the aether,
or does it just evaporate into the æther?
Is it still in the mind
or was it lobotomized away long ago?

If I was a b on your shoulder,
would you flick me away?

If I was a human near your hive,
would you and your family come out to greet me?

The Markhor and the Rootwalla struggle for internity,
two brothers quarreling over crumbs, slivers of their kingdom.

Leontes and Polixenes, mirroring their mirrors,
mineralizing their minors and enraging their minotaurs.

No two beards are the same, even for just a frame in this movie,
and if they were, there wouldn't be two beards

No comments:

Post a Comment