Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Number


The Number By: Lauren Jernberg

I stand on this stage and all I can think
is we worked so hard to this moment in
time. All thirty of us did our best to
make this a night to remember for all
that’s at stake. I know everything has gone
according to plan and all that’s left is
the final number. I wait on stage for
what seems like forever. I see my
eleven boys shaking like trees in the
wind just wondering how well they did. I
can tell what is on their minds. They are
thinking of this number and what it could
be and if it they will see through the looks of
their head coordinators three? This number. A
number to change lives and a number to
save them. This number is all that we thirty
need. A numbers a number most people
say but not for us not today. This
number is bigger than anything else
 it could be bigger than God himself. This
number will help the babies in need the
size of your palm that can barely breathe. We
 want to help the best we can and make sure
things go according to their plan. We wait
and wait for this tiny paper. When will it
come? Can it get any later? The girls
backstage are shaky as well. But more like
animals at the zoo ready to pounce
on any food. I’m nervous to read this
number of mine but now has come for that time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment