Sunday, April 14, 2013

Rick's Story- By Heidi Curtis

Rick's Story

Waking from a coma I am alone.
I walk the halls and everyone is dead.
In the light I see the impossible
Zombies have over taken my hometown.

I have to go find Lori and Carl.

On my way I kill the dead, I fear them.
A miracle in this bleak world happens,
I find that which I love: my family.

The people I meet have made me leader.
I don't know how long I will be alive
But I will protect the people I love.

On our journey more and more are dying.
I envy they have eternal glory
but they are loved and will always be loved.

Strange when the living betray the living.
We fight the dead. We fight the living.
It's worth time spent with my family.

Lori's time is up: Judas' just begun.
I regret that I was fighting with her
I'll never get to tell her that I loved her.

I'm losing my grip on reality.
The wars go on around me: within me.
Death knocks at every opportunity.

I wonder if my time is running low
but I'm no longer afraid of the dead.
When it is my time I will not resist.

I hope my family will carry on
I hope I will see Lori's face again.

I don't know how long I'll be alive,
For now, I protect the people I love.


________________________________________________________________________

the poem above is an imitation of Soon, O Ianthe! Life is O'er by Walter Savage Landor


By Walter Savage Landor 1775–1864
Soon, O Ianthe! life is o’er,
         And sooner beauty’s heavenly smile:
Grant only (and I ask no more),
         Let love remain that little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment