Thursday, April 11, 2013

Reinvention by Dan-Vy Nguyen


Reinvention by Dan-Vy Nguyen

I was so ready for a brand new start.

Our bus had pulled up late full of band kids
That just finished their last parade,
To the graduation party that had
Already started hours earlier.
We ran in and revived the party with
Our fresh excitement for the night ahead.

Graduation is a day full of joy,
Yet sad for all the goodbyes being said.
A day of celebration with close friends,
A day to enjoy your accomplishment.
While some remember reaching the finish
Line overwhelmed with relief that they’re done,
Others look forward with excitement for
The initiation for their journey.

We had a bowling alley and arcade
All to ourselves for the entire night.
As the night passed, I was looking around.
I was surrounded by all my classmates
All of whom seemed to look right through me
As if not a single person knew me.
I could not have felt more alone in that
Large room full of my graduating class.
All of my friends had their own group of friends.
I could easily slip in and out with-
Out them even noticing I was gone.

My memory of graduation day,
Is not one that I reminisce about.
That day was full of realization,
When everything I have felt became true.

I was so ready for a brand new start.

No comments:

Post a Comment