Thursday, April 11, 2013


Train Rides by Kevin Du

We are sitting waiting for the last ride
hand in hand, dreading its arrival soon.

We once sat wrapped in each other blissfully,
Waiting for the very same god damned train.
Warming each other in cool winter air.
Where only excitement ran through our veins.
A day where only we existed. We
walked hand in hand endlessly, aimlessly.
Affection in what seemed like forever.
Affection that I know is forever.

I wish this wait was something I could put
Off. Like everything I’ve ever started.
Shift it to the bottom of my to-do,
Marked in my book as never accomplish
Choose your own adventure: go back to start

I wish we could slow the day down, delay
This train, my flight, everyone’s schedule.
Selfishly set everyone back hours.
Just lay together and fall asleep, go
To a place where we would never grow old.
A place where we would never have to care.
Some place where goodbyes weren’t ever known

This is something I’ve been trembling over
I’ve been lost, I’ve been found, I’ve been tugging
At your sleeve, wishing the day would pass slow.
We begin to board the end of the line,
We sit wrapped in each other somberly.  

And now we must pack up every piece
Of the life we used to love, just to keep
ourselves, at least, enough to carry on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment