Thursday, April 11, 2013

HOOKED BY CHRISTOPHER HEDUM


Christopher Hedum

Writing 241

April 2013

Hooked

There are moments in everybody’s life,

That change the path they travel,

Moments that define who they will become.

I hadn’t thought of my future before,

Going with the flow like a lonely fish

Unclear of what’s in the murky water.

Yet I still swim with the flow of my life,

Hanging with friends, getting girls,

Stealing bait but never getting hooked.

No girl could set the hook, until her.

Her smile was the first thing I noticed,

Her glowing white teeth brightened up my day,

Then her eyes, a little blue and some green,

Glisten like the sun shining on scales.

And her hair, crazy and tangled with care,

 like the fishing line in which she hooked me.

Her personality and attitude,

These made the hook in which she caught me with,

Her eyes and smile were just perfect.

They were completely irresistible.

No doubt the bait that attracted me.

The features that made me fall for this girl,

She made me forget the other girls,

The path I had gone on the flow with,

Took a completely new direction.

The old river parted and began new.

The past was forgotten and she was there.

I was removed from the old river.

The accident of biting the hook,

May have been my greatest decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment