Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Dock in the Bay: Blin Dixon


A Dock in the Bay
I had known a most familiar dock.
Somewhere in a cynical stretch of world,
where a part of me sat lost and confused;
blinded by an impenetrable fog,
guided by a distant-dim wayward light.

Like a captain faithful to his vessel,
I fell victim to the shrouded waters.
With a frail hope, I became paralyzed…
to emotion, sincerity, and hope.
But till a night when a lovely stranger,
gliding gracefully across a cold bay,
came to join me by the shipwrecked dock.

She had magnificence; and to explain
such a wonder solely by her keen looks,
would be completely shallow and unjust.
Like seeing the ocean for the first time,
she expanded my eyes, and stole my breath.
She was potent, pure, and mysterious.

Without a word we conversed fully,
like an old married couple on the phone,
and parted the fog bestowed upon us;
revealing an astonishing future.

She erased my memory completely,
and gladly did I willingly oblige.

And she grabbed my hand firmly in her own.
And she trusted ourselves into the bay.
And never did I ever think to fret.
And with her in my hand, ill swim against
the lasting and unconventional tides.
And within her a part of me resides.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the line "like a captain faithful to his vessel" it's very creative and really sweet.


    Whooo poetry!

    -Kelsea Bittner

    ReplyDelete