Wednesday, April 10, 2013

First Time by Ivy Jones


First Time

Driving that long required me to think;
About past failures, quick and bitter ends
I wondered about the way this would turn
Out. Was your profile real? Or just a
Trick? My hopes were high and I was in a
Panic. This had to be something countless.

I rounded the corner with shaking hands
Like there was something about to bubble.
As I drew closer I could see it all
From the metal in your mouth to the lines,
That counted three, next to your mouth. You were
The perfect combination like the drinks.
Bubble tea, kiwi and lychee flavor.

Second was waiting for you and Daisy,
The black Mercedes we named in a day.
Excitement was mixing while I waited.
In part to see you but also to see
If the peanut butter cookies were a
Good choice to make for you to take to your
Family. By the time you left it was
Dark and only a street light helped guide the
Way back to the car. My interest was
Drawn to the blue set of eyes staring at me.
The warmth of your breath seemed miles away
Until I touched your lips to mine for heat.
Smoothness of your lips touching mine was like
A drink after a burning day. Time had
Passed far too quickly and my spell was up.
For after midnight the spell departed.
Would the movie continue or conclude?

No comments:

Post a Comment