Thursday, April 11, 2013

Case Studies By Alyssa Abell



Case Studies
Once I was making some tea,
As water boils, I remember.
In a dead society, she gave breath.
I felt my lungs rasp in the postwar air,
Dusty graveyards show my heart like a mirror.
No longer hearing the faint music pass,
But screams, as to hell we took our descent.
Sick cracks warp vile shrieks like a sound system,
Lost, rusty pipe drips angst like a nectar.
Cosmic city leaks smut without censor.
 Vague wench sits sweating via nerves and shame.
Obsessed pope claims piety of the rain.
Pine ghosts whisper their long forgotten needs,
They ally with yearning winds tense to breathe.
Sultry, filthy air comes in epic storms,
I gag, sanity hanging by hinges.
Each day seasons the wounds, savory salt.
How does one gage destiny versus fate.
Piles of mystic impossibilities.
Weakness in hiding, strength in surviving.
Cruel earth, conceited, drowned in binary,
Morality died, starving us for light.
Paint peeling, cracked is your fortune teller.
Molten sunlight, cakes of rock, ash and dust,
Friendly scars on every inch of knowledge.
There is no decided way on this plain,
Brokenness adds texture, artistic frame.
I dip the earl grey in and slowly stir.



No comments:

Post a Comment