Sunday, April 14, 2013

Missing You-By Katie Hedgepeth


I feel as if my heart has been ripped out,

Tears streaming down my face as I sit in

The silence, waiting for you to come back.

 

Missing you more than ever, wish I could

Be with you. The thought of you not coming

Back makes me cry myself to sleep every

Night, feeling as if this is all a dream.

“Wake me up, Wake me up,” head spinning like

I just drank some Peach Brunettes, sick to my

Stomach thinking about when you left me.

 

Thinking about you and the times we would

Lie awake, your hand holding mine tightly,

Grasping it and not letting it go. We

Used to fight like a married couple but

It was worth being with you. Looking in

Your big hazel like eyes, I knew I could

Trust you. The days we spent together felt

Like they lasted forever, the days

We went to the beach, looking at the huge

Twinkling stars, counting them as fast as

We could. “One hundred, two hundred, I won!”

 

The memories I have with you are so

Special and I can remember them like

It was yesterday.  The memories fill

My head as I remember each one of

Them, no dull moments, trying to shut my

Eyes but can’t. Picturing us still being

Together, wanting to be with my loved

One. Curling up in bed shivering

And wishing you were thinking about me.

 

______________________________________________________________

 
Have A Good One-By Anselm Berrigan
 

Thinking of non-intervention

With you. A red sun

(don’t look) pokes

Through. Staging

Development and the cutting

Loose of its facile integrity

Its disproportionate

Personal non-response.

The wince. The shrug. The

Belated semi-acknowledgement

Of owning just

Enough to take part.

In the era, thinking of you

Will quit my job

In one year to get

More done, work harder

To insert myself into

The fragile extension

Of space between us

To get something done.

In the ear

Thinking after you.

1 comment:

  1. Picturing us still being

    Together, wanting to be with my loved

    One. Curling up in bed shivering

    And wishing you were thinking about me.


    These lines at the end give off a sad feel, although lines before were reminiscent, I enjoyed the contrast of emotions that part made me feel.

    ReplyDelete