Sunday, April 7, 2013

Thinking of You By: Mylinh Nguyen




Think of You
By: Mylinh Nguyen
I was sitting in the green grass, gazing
at the sky, where a rainbow caught my eye
I thought about you and our first date
and a loving smile crossed my face

I was channel surfing and came across
your favorite show, I can hear your laughter
always on my mind, every passing hour
your warm loving smile that makes my day,
keeps me wanting to run towards your way

Finding it hard to stay focused as I see
those three little freckles when you wrinkle your nose
how I use to joke about your triangle
you would make fun of how my feet dangled

Slouching down, trying to reach the ground
I ordered a cheese pizza and a coke
Telling you a joke, you chocked

I remember the times we slept under
the moon, counting the starts like fools
reliving the past, hoping that every
moment would last a little bit longer
but my nightmare started from right there
When you waved me goodbye, from miles away

Leaving me alone in the deep grey stone
Yet your loving smile never did fade,
Rather pricked my heart like a fat spade

I’m always thinking about you night and day
Whenever I open the bright pink door,
The memory of your fragrances greets me
Inhaling your presences; that lingers on
I don’t think you’ve ever left my mind

________________________________________________________________________

Have A Good One [In the error]

By Anselm Berrigan
In the error
                             thinking of non-intervention
                                 with you. A red sun
                                     (don’t look) pokes
                                through. Staging
                             development and the cutting
                        loose of its facile integrity
                             its disproportionate
                                      personal non-response.
                                  The wince. The shrug. The
                                      belated semi-acknowledgment
                                           of owning just
                                                enough to take part.
                                  In the era, thinking of you
                                      will quit my job
                                               in one year to get
                                         more done, work harder
                                                to insert myself into
                                            the fragile extension
                                      of space between us
                                             to get something done.
                                                 In the ear
                                                     thinking after you.







No comments:

Post a Comment