Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The First Kiss by: Nicole Busch


The First Kiss
By: Nicole Busch

Standing by the window, looking in the
mirror.  The overwhelming sensation
rushing through my body, fast and furious like

navigating the whitewater rapids,
like the downward drop of rollercoasters.
Stomach stirring, so scared of falling off,

the edge.  I close my eyes and grab my friends
hand.  Suddenly, I hear the ding of the
doorbell, my palms start sweating, it makes it

hard to hold on to anything.  They are
sweating so profoundly, just like I am
sitting in a sauna, heat turned up to

the maximum.  The sweat dripping off my
forehead, in teardrop bullets, making its
way to the floor. The beat of my heart starts

to increase as I make my way to the
door, so much at stake, wanting to make a
good first impression, wanting it to be

perfect.  I climb into the car, like a
monkey using their limbs to scramble up
the giant tree.  We get to the little

restaurant, and the coziness is so
overwhelming.  Fast forward to the drive
home.  We pull up into my driveway and

I make my way out of the car, I stand
there, hoping and anticipating for
something to happen.  As I start to walk

away, he grabs me by the hand and pulls
me close.  Our lips lock; the sparks start flying,
and my head spinning.  It was my first kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment