Thursday, April 4, 2013

Is It Him? By: Mylinh Nguyen

Is it Him?
By: Mylinh Nguyen

Let me imagine that we will come again
when we want to and it will be late spring
after oceans and shadows of hills and the sounds
after looking and mistakes and forgetting

I finally see you, you I see
The tinted lenses I see is a big tall man
I ask who is it I see? That tall strange man
watching as you walk on by, wanting you to catch my eye
staring into your blue eye as if it was late spring skies

Wishing that you could be mine, waiting for the bells to chime,
dreaming of those eyes that shine, in the sky
I see everything in a new light, will he be my knight? 
All seems to be within my grasp, is he my other half?
everything that I thought impossible came so fast
the look of his eye, how did it find mine
so soft and warm, like the spring leaves bloom

His smile so fine, oh I wish it was mine
his look so charm, my heart alarmed
thump thump thump my heart racing like a kid on a roll coaster
oh how I want him so, how far must I go?

Running through my head, as I lie in bed
is he the one that I will wed or a dream in my head?
sitting in the white, waiting for my knight
a knight who would dry away my tears,
telling me to overcome my fears 
A knight who loves me for who I am inside,
with him there's nothing more I need to hide.
a person who will still be standing strong,
even though everything has gone wrong.
_____________________________________________________________________________




Late Spring - W.S. Merwin

Coming into the high room again after years
after oceans and shadows of hills and the sounds
after losses and feet on stairs

after looking and mistakes and forgetting
turning there thinking to find
no one except those I knew
finally I saw you
sitting in white
already waiting

you of whom I had heard
with my own ears since the beginning
for whom more than once
I have opened the door
believing you were not far

No comments:

Post a Comment