Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Have a Good One - Corynn Bernhardt


Corynn Bernhardt – Have a Good One [In the error]

In the error of all things broken here,
Thinking of ways to combat my feelings.
A pale sky, wet with what is to come.
It’s placid face deceiving of the occasion.
The roughed-edged clouds tell a different story.
The sphere gets dimmer. The wind picks up
My feet. I fall. The only ground I have.
I knew enough to believe but not see.
You see, it’s not the other way around.
Seeing to believe is not believing.
It is merely a mirage in the heart
That all things visible are all things fact.
“Blessed are those who have not seen and yet
believe.” Words told from Jesus to Thomas.
In the morning, at noon, in the evening,
I can pray all day, but the feeling stays.
I am so close, only a short plane ride.
Yet so far away, as life seems to be
In the way of where my heart feels it should.
I long to hug you, hold you, comfort you.
Completely, endlessly, entirely.
Tirelessly, I will pray to see you,
But I will forever believe in you.
I will finish school in two more years. Then,
Then I will be at your side, holding your
Hand. I will sing you songs so that you may
Sleep. Hold your head up when you are looking
Down. Whispering a string of promises.
And from your past to mine, we will make whole.
What was once broken can always be fixed.
There’s no telling what I will do for you.
You are my purpose, why God put me here.



Have A Good One [In the error]
BY ANSELM BERRIGAN
In the error
                             thinking of non-intervention
                                 with you. A red sun
                                     (don’t look) pokes
                                through. Staging
                             development and the cutting
                        loose of its facile integrity
                             its disproportionate
                                      personal non-response.
                                  The wince. The shrug. The
                                      belated semi-acknowledgment
                                           of owning just
                                                enough to take part.
                                  In the era, thinking of you
                                      will quit my job
                                               in one year to get
                                         more done, work harder
                                                to insert myself into
                                            the fragile extension
                                      of space between us
                                             to get something done.
                                                 In the ear
                                                     thinking after you.



No comments:

Post a Comment